Tuesday 4 January 2011

A Trip to Brandon Marsh.

As soon as I saw that it was dry and not too dull on Monday morning I decided to go over to Brandon Marsh hoping that the ice had melted and there were some birds about to point the camera at.

A quick visit to all the hides soon showed that the ice had not melted and everywhere was still frozen over.Luckily I found a few friends in the Carlton hide so the chat was good but in an hours stay no one had cause to use his camera.There were no birds about at all.

As I walked back to the centre I got a text which told me "A Bittern from the CP hide at Marsh lane". As it was only a short detour on the way home and I'd never seen a Bittern at Marsh Lane off I trundled.

Got there just after 1.00PM and joined a couple of friends in the hide.The good news was that they thought it was still here but the bad news was that it was in the reeds that were the furthest from the hide.30 minutes later after one birder had given up it showed walking for a short period on the ice before hiding back in the reeds.

I left 30 minutes later by which time the hide was full.Took a very record poor shot but don't laugh too loud as it was several miles away and it was very gloomy but I was pleased as it was a Marsh Lane tick for me.


2 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Nice one, Max. I need one for my 2011 list! Glad to see your out and about again. Hopefully touch base soon.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Kevin.