Wednesday 16 March 2011

Brandon Marsh and Marsh Lane.

On Monday morning I shot over to Brandon Marsh and was greeted with very pleasant spring weather so I decided to have a good look round to try and find one of the Chiffchaffs reported the day before.

Although it was very pleasant walking round I hardly saw any birds at all let at alone a Chiffchaff.It was very quiet indeed and very disappointing especially as I'd walked around for ages.I did get a distant view of a Dunlin and a Redshank from the hides but that was all.

When I sat down in the cafe waiting for a cup of tea I started to sweat profusely.Thinking I'd contracted Beri Beri or Deng fever I was very relieved to find that I was sitting right next to a very hot radiator.Panic over.

Tuesday lunchtime still aching all over from doing some gardening I very bravely went across to Marsh Lane.The car park pool was quieter than it had been lately with a couple of Redshanks and a few Common Snipe the only decent birds on show.The WF Goose continues to hide from me.

The Railway pool was again good for waders with 2 Redshanks,a lone Oystercatcher,2 Dunlin, 3 Ringed Plovers and a lone Little Ringed Plover seen during my stay.

Here are few shots taken but too gloomy for any decent ones but nice to see the waders are back.



Watched this chap hunting in the Marsh and I must say he was very patient.




No comments: