Wednesday 9 March 2011

Brandon Marsh in the sun.

Popped across to Brandon Marsh on Monday to be greeted by a fine springlike morning.As it was so nice I decided avoid the hides and have a good walk round.

Just past the windpump I disturbed a Sparrowhawk but I was so slow with the camera that I missed getting a really good shot and had to make good with shots when it was high in the sky.



Although it was very pleasant walking round I did not see much other than managing to get a shot of a Treecreeper along the main path.





I did manage a couple of Warwickshire year ticks from the East Marsh/Teal pool hides where I saw a Redshank and a Cettis Warbler.No shots the former too distant and the latter too quick.I spent a fair time in Horsetail wood trying to find the LS Woodpecker seen there the day before but no luck.

Keen to get some shots I turned to a couple of common birds that are quite attractive particularly if they are in the sun.




No comments: