Monday 30 May 2011

It's been a struggle to get any bird shots.

For over a week now I've struggled to see any decent birds locally to point the camera at with the exception of a few minutes with a Greenshank at Brandon Marsh.The weather hasn't helped with it being windy all the time and usually pretty dull.I do hate windy weather when going birding.

I see there is (or was) a Red-necked Phalarope at Upton Warren but the weather is so crap this morning I won't go for it.I hope it's there tomorrow but that might be asking too much.

Last week I had three more goes at the Earlswood Night Heron but I went in the early afternoon hoping to spot it roosting in a tree at the edge of the lakes which was a very long shot to say the least and ended in failure.

Popped along to Marsh Lane early Sunday morning.It was dull,windy of course and surprisingly very cold.The reserve was pretty quiet and I didn't stay long but I did get a few shots of a Common Buzzard.









The only other bird I pointed the camera at was of a surviving Oystercatcher chick.I hope it survives.




No comments: