Wednesday 15 June 2011

Lots of birding but no decent birds.

Although I've been out locally a few times in the last few days with the camera two visits to Brandon Marsh,two visits to Marsh Lane and a couple of visits to local churchyards has produced no decent birds to point the camera at.

I've spent a long time in the Carlton hide at Brandon Marsh recently and if it wasn't for good company the distinct lack of birds on view would surely have sent me insane.The only good bit of news from this hide is that KF's are showing more regularly now.Some birders have seen them on the nearest pole but I haven't been that lucky and have only seen them at distance usually on the far pole which is way out of range for me.





At Marsh Lane there are loads of the usual suspects but nothing new as far as I could see.To entertain myself this morning I tried to get shots of some LRP's that were zooming around.Not an easy task.




The title of this post is a bit misleading because I did get a life tick this week.Although I've been birding for six years I'd never seen a Tawny Owl.How bad is that!!!! Well at Marsh Lane there are a pair and although extremely difficult to see because of the distance and branches in the way I was lucky enough to get a glimpse of one in the gloom of a tree.No pics of course but fingers crossed.

No comments: