Friday 24 June 2011

Not a bad day out with the camera.

Decided early on Friday morning to join up with Kath and visit Whitacre Heath to try for the KF's that had been showing well on the scrape.

We entered the hide not long after 9.00AM and thought we had it to ourselves but well hidden under camouflage netting in front of the hide near the perching poles was Brian.He soon joined us in the hide but already had taken some great shots.

After a long wait nothing much was happening so we had to entertain ourselves with getting some shots of a Common Whitethroat that was looking for insects in front of the hide.




After a another long wait a KF turned up but the miserable swine soon left without even one attempt at catching a fish.Got some shots which are not amongst my best but are the first I've managed this year.




From nowhere a Green Sandpiper dropped in for a few minutes.



Then we spotted a very lively Stoat to the right end of the scrape that was dashing around a lot.Too far for my lens but Kath and Brian got some great shots with their big lenses.




As it was lunchtime and I'd left my lunch in the car I decided to head off to Marsh Lane which was on my way home leaving Kath and Brian in the hide waiting for the KF to turn up again.

As it turned out this was a good move because I had a huge piece of luck as I searched for the Tawny Owl chicks.Somehow I spotted them high up in a tree quite a long way away from the nesting box and very well hidden.What cracking looking birds.





2 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Cracking shots, Max.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Kevin.I was very lucky with the Tawny Owl chicks.