Friday 10 June 2011

A quick visit to Marsh Lane.

I decided this morning to have a quick look round Marsh Lane but going via Berkswell first to see if the Spotted Flycatchers that were there last year had returned.

Had a good look round the churchyard but failed to see any Spotted Flycatchers in the area that they frequented last year.Last year everywhere I went I saw them but this year I haven't seen one at all.I'm also doing very badly with Hobbies one of my favourite birds having had only a couple of distant views.

Went over to Marsh Lane for a quick walk round.Spent a fair bit of time walking along the stream line checking out the trees as Tawny Owls have been seen there recently.But not by me!!! Too gloomy in there and loads of ivy to hide them.

The visit was not a waste of time because there were some young Reed Warblers waiting patiently in the reeds to be fed by their parents.



2 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Nice Reed Warblers, Max. I agree with you about the Spotted Flycatchers and Hobby's - i've only seen one of the former and only distant views of the Hobby. Might give Napton a try in a few weeks for Sp Fly.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Kevin.