Friday 1 July 2011

Spotted Flycatchers

Last year I had two different places to go and see Spotted Flycatchers one of them being Berkswell churchyard but this year despite several visits to both places I've drawn a blank and not seen one at all.

Early this morning when checking out blogs on the net I saw that Kevin Grocock had got some nice shots of one at "a Warwickshire churchyard" the day before.Thinking that he may have got his shots at Berkswell I went over there to have a look and after a bit of a search I found one on a distant tree right at the back of the churchyard.

Right I thought I'm in here but as I rattled off a couple of shots it flew off.It was then that Kevin kindly texted me to tell me where he'd seen his Flycatchers and it wasn't Berkswell so I was very lucky to go there and find one.Mind you I never saw it again that morning.



3 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Glad you got one, Max. Plenty of time yet to get some images!

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Kevin.I might give Napton a go.

Pete Walkden said...

I went to Napton on Saturday, but the flycatchers were keeping solely to the trees beside the graveyard, much to the disappointment of my Dad and me.

Did see a red kite circling the area though.