Monday 8 August 2011

Some Kingfisher shots at last.

Went across to Brandon Marsh this morning for the first time in a week or two.

I decided to go to the Steetly hide first and for a change spend at least an hour in there.Usually I see nothing from this hide and leave after only a few minutes but this time I would give it a good go.

After 15 minutes all I had seen was a couple of Mallards but then a Green Sandpiper dropped in on the far shore which was nice but a bit far off for a decent shot.Exactly on the half hour a KF flew in and landed on the perching pole but flew off almost immediately Bugger Bugger !!!!! It's not that I haven't got some KF shots but the fact that the last two years I've struggled to get any shots at all.

I need not have worried because 10 minutes later the KF returned and stayed for 20 minutes putting on a very good display.





A quick look in the Carlton hide showed 5 Green Sandpipers on the pools but not a lot else.




Just before heading off to the cafe for a cup of tea and a chat with the pretty waitress I did see from the Baldwin hide a Common Tern catch a flying fish.





1 comment:

Pete Walkden said...

Lovely set of kf shots. Saw one for about 3 seconds at the Moors last weekend, and was too slow to get a shot. Not sure if my lens fits out of that hide you used though!