Sunday 7 August 2011

Marsh Lane early in the morning.

Having stayed in on Saturday early on Sunday morning I went on the short trip to Marsh Lane.I got there at 7.30AM in bright sunshine but it was a bit chilly in the strong breeze.

I had a bit of luck when I met Brian Harris on the path leading to the River hide (a hide I rarely visit) but when Brian said there was a Godwit showing on one of the islands I headed off there to see if I could get a shot.It was a bit distant and didn't stay long before flying around a while before landing on the car park pool.

It showed pretty well from the car park hide for a few minutes before flying off North.Any doubts about it's exact ID were swept away when it showed it's tail to reveal it was a Black-tailed rather than a Bar-tailed Godwit.




A little later after we had had a good look round the reserve we found a Little Egret had landed on the end of one of the car park pool islands.Of course it had to be the furthest island from the hide but nice to see.





No comments: