Saturday 3 September 2011

Another trip to Draycote Water.

On Friday the weather forecast was very good so this fair weather birder thought he'd better go out with the camera and try and get some shots but where to go was the question.There were only two local patches that had been recording decent birds Middleton Hall and Draycote Water but as the former was very poor for getting shots I went for Draycote Water.

Got there at 9.30AM to find the weather was so good I was able to set off in full summer gear. Decided to head for the inlet being vary careful to avoid the spot where on Wednesday I bounced the camera on the tarmac footpath.Didn't see much till I got to the picnic area just past the sailing club where there was a mixed flock feeding in the trees including this (I think) juvenile Chiffchaff.



I didn't see anything of note then till I'd nearly reached Rainbow Corner where I spotted one of the Greenshanks.A little later on when I got to the inlet it had flown down and joined two of his mates.




I then had the "spot of the day" and managed to get a shot.It was of that Warwickshire birding legend Bob Duckhouse in a typical smooth,sophisticated and cool pose.




On the way back I saw a couple of Common Sandpipers and some Ringed/Little Ringed Plovers and this what I hope is a Yellow Legged Gull.




The best fun was when we found four Yellow Wagtails catching flies from the sailing Club roof.Will put any shots on the next post when I have processed them.

No comments: