Wednesday 21 December 2011

A dire day out at Brandon Marsh.

After some early morning shopping on Tuesday I raced over to Brandon Marsh keen to take advantage of the bright weather.Things went well to start with as I walked round to the Newlands and I managed a shot of a pair of Common Buzzards soaring high overhead.








Things then went downhill as I walked past the Wright hide because clouds rolled in and it became very gloomy.Bugger!!!!  Did manage a shot of a Treecreeper.








Being patient in the East Marsh and the Carlton hides did no good because they were both very quiet.All I got was a shot of a Common Snipe and a Wren.

















A dazzling smile from the pretty waitress in the cafe did cheer me up a little but I was soon depressed again when by the back gate I found it far to gloomy to get any decent shots of the flock of Siskins and Redpolls that were in the trees.This is my least bad shot.








I then gave up although it was only 1.30PM.It was too gloomy and so was I.











2 comments:

Ornitocampero.blogspot.com.es said...

Nice set of pictures...the wren is a difficult one, congratulations!
Saludos from spain!

Max Silverman said...

Cheers.We could do with some decent birds at our local patches though.