Sunday 7 October 2012

A Grey Wagtail.

After I'd had this year's flu jab Saturday lunchtime I thought I'd have a couple of hours down at Marsh Lane and try yet again to see the pair of Jack Snipes that have been seen in the marsh from the Oak hide.

Last Spring there was a Jack Snipe in the same spot for quite a while but I kept missing out and failed to see it.It looks like history is repeating itself because I've failed so far this Autumn and annoyingly they both showed 10 minutes after I left the hide last Wednesday.Jeff Rankin who I'd left in the hide got some cracking shots.

There were loads of Geese,Ducks, Gulls etc. on show when I got there but I could not spot anything new and a long stay in the Oak hide in very pleasant weather did not reveal the Jack Snipes.However the day was saved when a Grey Wagtail visited the marsh for a while.



















No comments: