Wednesday 31 October 2012

A visit to Brandon Marsh.

Before I get onto my visit to Brandon Marsh I'd like to slip in a couple of shots of a Nuthatch that visited my shanty town of a bird feeding station in my back garden this morning.









Got to Brandon just before 10.00 AM and in fine weather I headed to the back fisherman's gate area to see if I could see my first Redpolls and Siskins of the Winter.As usual there was good news and bad news : there were 6 Siskins in the trees and a lone Redpoll  but it was very gloomy in the trees so no decent shots but still nice to see.












I was pleased to see a pair of Goldeneye from the Baldwin hide.For some reason I struggle to get decent shots of the male particularly if it's sunny.I always blow out the whites or take a very dark shot.









The best part of my visit was when a female Sparrowhawk flew very quickly past the new screens.


















  

3 comments:

Millhouse Photography said...

Very nice hawk images, Max.

boatbirder said...

Good stuff Max, you haven't forsaken us then :) check out the top of the tip area on your next visit! Lots of Fieldfare and Redwing demolishing the Hawthorn just waiting for you!!


Regards

Keith

Max Silverman said...

I couldn't find any Keith.I looked in the wrong places as usual.