Thursday 6 March 2014

CHASING THE STONECHAT AGAIN.



On Tuesday lunchtime I thought I'd have another go at the cracking male Stonechat that's been at Marsh Lane for a few days now hoping to get some better shots in the brighter conditions.

Got there just before 1.00 PM and headed straight down to the Oak/Railway hide pathway where it had shown the day before but after 90 mins of searching I had no luck.Had it gone ? Thank god I got some shots the day before.

The visit was not a total loss because I managed a few shots of other birds.I like the Kestrel shot because it soon spotted me creeping up on it and flew off.

Nice to see waders coming in to Marsh Lane now with a Ringed Plover,4 Oystercatchers,3 Common Redshanks ,a Dunlin and a Ruff all been reported this week.









On Wednesday morning I went over to Marsh lane again with fingers crossed that the Stonechat would still be around.Couldn't resist a couple of shots of a Little Grebe that showed well from the causeway screen as I headed down the main path to find the Stonechat.






Met up with Jeff Rankin near the Gorse bush on the main path and the good news was that Jeff had seen the Stonechat.We were soon joined by Brian and the three of us had an enjoyable hour trying to get shots in the warm bright conditions.Not only is this bird a stunner to look at he is very accommodating often perching pretty close not phased at all by three old gits rattling off shots.













No comments: