Wednesday 23 April 2014

A QUICK VISIT TO MARSH LANE.



Decided to dash over to Marsh Lane this morning before the forecast rain arrived but as I drove past the cottages by the main entrance I was alarmed to see the gate open no sign of the padlock and chain and the roadway filled for a 100m with travellers.There were caravans,cars and children everywhere and I had to be very careful to weave my way through.Only one other birder had run the gauntlet and it was my good friend Jeff Rankin.

Soon got a shot of a Wren and on a gorse bush a shot of a male Linnet.The latter would not me get close unfortunately which was pity as they are cracking birds.






Jeff had earlier had got onto a Garden Warbler and we soon got onto it along the path to the back gate coppice.It was singing it's heart out and showed pretty well.Shame about the leaves and twigs.












The rain started at 11.30 AM so we left and had to run the gauntlet again which we both managed without mishap.


No comments: