Monday 8 September 2014

NORFOLK TRIP - FRIDAY AFTERNOON.



After all the excitement of seeing the Wryneck along the East Bank I was feeling peckish so I headed to the Cley centre.I'm reluctant to eat there because the prices are staggering and so to play it safe I always take a high denomination bearer bond with me when I go there.I only had a coffee and a small piece of cake but the price charged was enough when I was a child to buy a small car.

I headed back to Titchwell and had a good look round.The first waders I saw were some Ruffs which can vary so much that they can be confusing.







There was a lone Spotted Redshank and lots of Dunlins on show.








Near the beach which was very quiet all I found were some young Swallows waiting to be fed.




The only shots I managed from the Parrinder hide were of some Meadow Pipits which I think are great looking birds. 










There were lots of other waders around but too far off for my lens.I did get a shot of a Little Egret with a fish and a long range shot of some of the 11 Spoonbills on the freshmarsh.






The best waders I caught up with were some Curlew Sandpipers .









Went out in the evening after tea looking round for some Barn Owls but failed badly and didn't see any.

No comments: