Friday 20 March 2015

OUT AND ABOUT WITH THE NEW CAMERA.



Under great pressure from my peers I cracked and lashed out and bought a new camera (the Canon 7D mk.2) .Keen to get out there and test it I shot over to Marsh Lane on Tuesday morning and rattled off some shots which looked pretty decent considering the conditions.

When I got home later disaster struck and the hard drive on my laptop crashed. I've had it replaced (£100 ouch)but of course everything is lost except what you've backed up and those shots were not.It's been a nightmare trying to get all the lost programmes downloaded and up and running.

Undaunted I went to Marsh Lane again on Wednesday and took some more shots.Am struggling with the camera getting all the settings correct but it does seem to be much better than the old one.

Here are a couple of shots taken at Marsh Lane.






On the way home called in at Brueton Park and took some more shots.The Chiffchaff and Goldcrest were taken in a very gloomy place which the old camera would not have handled as well as a high ISO was required.












On Thursday morning I was getting really fed up with trying to get the laptop up and running as nothing was working. Could not get on the internet or log onto my e-mail account.What a fiasco ! ! So when John Oates texted me that a Blackwit was showing well from the CP hide I swore very loudly at the laptop and went to Marsh Lane.

Luckily it was still showing well very close to the hide.











A Peregrine showed briefly over the RW pool but it remained a long way off.





Not doing too bad with the new camera but I think it will take me a while to get everything set up                                                                                    right.

No comments: