Saturday 25 April 2015

A VERY EARLY START.


Decided on Friday morning on a very early start and went down to Marsh Lane getting there at 7.15 AM.It was a cracking morning with bright skies and a very light breeze.

I had the place to myself and when I checked out the islands on the CP pool I thought I'd made a great find when I spotted a pair of Med. Gulls. However I later found they had been seen the day before.Very nice to see though.




It wasn't long before the BH Gulls started to have a go at them and despite me shouting at them they scared off the Med. Gulls.








I had a very pleasant walk round for the next hour and managed some decent shots of a few Warblers and of a Linnet.














Back in the Oak hide much later I spotted the Med Gulls again sitting on a distant island.Yet again those damn BH Gulls were having a go at them.






On the way back to the car park I called in the north causeway hide and was very lucky to get my best shots so far this year of a very obliging Sedge Warbler.








No comments: