Sunday 10 May 2015

WHINCHAT AT MARSH LANE.


Had to visit Marsh lane twice today before I used the camera in earnest and what a cracking bird it was.

Arrived early well before 8.00 AM on the first visit and found it bright and calm.It was very pleasant to start with but quite quickly it became dull, breezy and quite cold.After nearly two hours I had not found anything new except for a distant Dunlin on the CP pool so I decided to give up.

Back home I had done a couple of jobs and had just settled down with a cup of tea and a book when a text arrived : " Male Whinchat on fence wire just before causeway hides".

It had been quite a while since I'd seen one of these chaps so I grabbed the camera and set off back to Marsh Lane.It was 11.30 AM.

Parked up and joined Glen and Dave who had the bird in view on the barbed wire fencing along the main path. Whinchats are accommodating birds and this one was no different.All you had to do was stand on the main path and eventually it would land on the wire pretty close to you.What a cracking bird.  













No comments: