Friday 8 May 2015

BEEN OUT BUT HAD NO LUCK.



The poor weather and jobs in the garden have kept me from going out with the camera too much this  week and when I have I've had no luck.

At Marsh Lane last Sunday I got some more Sedge Warbler shots.







I didn't stay too long so the only other shot I managed was of a Herring Gull on the CP pool.Well I hope it's a Herring Gull as I'm still reeling from the comments re. the FS Med Gull shots I posted recently which pointed out  it was a BH Gull.




On Thursday after casting my vote I popped into Knowle churchyard to catch up with the Goldcrests I photographed a couple of weeks ago but could not find them.I did get some shots of a couple of Mistle Thrushes that were high up in one of the trees.







I then popped over to Marsh Lane and in the car park I was greeted by up to 50 Swifts.I tried to get some shots but as usual I got mostly sky or blurred blob shots. 






Got some nice shots in the back gate coppice of a Wren (I think a young one) who was singing out at the top of it's voice on a pile of logs.




At long last I got some decent shots for the first time this spring of a Common Whitethroat from the RW hide.








Things went further downhill this morning when pretty early I shot over to Stratford on Avon chasing up a Hoopoe that had been spotted the day before but after an hour's search I had no luck.On the way                  home I called in at Earslwood lakes but found the place very quiet.Oh Dear ! !

No comments: