Thursday 10 December 2015

A VERY COLD MORNING AT MARSH LANE.


Another sunny morning on Wednesday had me racing over to Marsh Lane arriving there at not long after 9.00 AM but what a difference in the temperature from Monday. 

On Monday morning I was so warm that for a while I thought that I was going down with Dengue fever till I saw that the temperature was 15 degrees.Wednesday morning the temperature was 6 degrees and a very cold wind was blowing.

On the CP pool there were 4 Common Gulls but little else of interest.Could not see the Goldeneye. 




Spent a very cold hour in the Oak hide searching in the marsh for the Jack Snipe seen earlier in the week but had no luck.There were at least 20 Common Snipe there including one with a bent bill.





+


On the Oak feeders a Greater Spotted Woodpecker was eating the last of the peanuts.




There were a lot of Gulls on the RW pool including 8 Common Gulls which I assumed included the 4 I'd seen earlier on the CP pool.Among the Gulls were a couple of what I thought were Herring Gulls.Their backs were a very pale grey.






Best of all for me was when walking down the old road I spotted a lone Lesser Redpoll feeding on some seed heads.Excluding the ones the ringer caught a couple of weeks ago the shots below were the first of the Winter for me. 







No comments: