Saturday 20 February 2016

MARSH LANE AND BRUETON PARK.



Popped over to Marsh Lane again on Thursday morning.It was sunny but still pretty cold specially in the hides.Had a decent morning starting off with a very brief glimpse of a Cetti's Warbler from the N causeway hide.No shots but did get a nice shot of a Reed Bunting there.




Had a bit of a hectic time in the oak hide where a Jack Snipe was pretty close to the hide but was sleeping and well hidden.Buffy was also fairly close but was continuously preening and better still a drake Mandarin duck  was nearby but also was continuously preening.

I spent an hour in the hide waiting for all three to either wake up and show better or stop preening and move to where the lighting was better for shots.Had mixed results but very nice to see some decent birds. 

I must have sat in the oak hide hundreds of time but I cannot remember a Cormorant in front of the hide before.














Just for a change on Friday morning I popped over to Brueton Park with the camera.There was nothing of note on the pond so I soon headed off to the cafe for a walk round the small nature reserve.

Whilst waiting for them to open up I spotted a pair of Nuthatches near the feeders.As I was trying to get some decent shots 3 members of the Screaming Kids Club burst onto the scene and the birds were off to the next county. 








Had a decent walk round the reserve which is a decent place for Goldcrests.I soon found a pair but struggled to get any decent shots as the little devils were hopping around as usual.Great little birds.This is the best I could manage but as often happens going after these chaps my collection of twig shots got even bigger.





No comments: