Saturday 5 March 2016

MARSH LANE IN THE COLD AGAIN.


Been down to Marsh Lane a couple of mornings at the end of last week and on both occasions it was very cold and in the hides with the flaps open it was almost unbearable.On
 both mornings although there were loads of birds on the pools nothing new was found.

On Friday morning from the oak hide I thought a pair of Great Crested Grebes were about to go into their mating ritual but I think it might have been too cold because they soon lost interest.








Ever since I boasted to all who would listen (hardly anyone ! !) that I was able to get shots of a Jack Snipe every time I checked out the marsh I have not been able to get a single shot.I've seen them but they have been very well hidden and asleep.This is now a typical sighting.




On Thursday morning we spotted a juvenile Gull on the RW pool and since non of us were Gull experts we couldn't agree what it was.I went for Herring Gull ? ?




In order to keep active I had to take some shots of the more common visitors to Marsh Lane.If any of these birds were rare we would all race down to see them because they are very attractive.









No comments: