Saturday 23 April 2016

A VERY FRUSTRATING MORNING.


Full of beans after yesterday's encounter with the Hoopoe I set off very early this morning for Brandon Marsh to see the Wood Warbler that was in the Horsetail Glade yesterday.

As it was early (about 7.00 AM I took on the Tollbar roadworks again which turned out to be a major error as they had changed the layout since my last visit and I found myself heading east down the A 46 and that after a close encounter with a very large lorry.

The good news was that I found the Wood Warbler straight away but the bad news was that it took me nearly 2 hours to get a couple of crappographs.To say it was elusive is an understatement.These are my best shots.Nice to listen to though.






To make matters worse I received a message that there were 4 Med Gulls and a Black-tailed Godwit at Marsh Lane.A couple of Jays showed well which relieved the frustration generated by the Wood Warbler.








Gave up not long after 10.30 AM and headed over to Marsh Lane.The Med Gulls were still there on the RW pool but I could not find the Godwit.Got some shots of the now pretty distant Med Gulls.









No comments: