Saturday 30 April 2016

VERY EARLY VISIT TO MY LOCAL PATCH.


Got to Marsh Lane this morning smack on 7.00 AM to take advantage of the early sunshine and of course to take some decent shots.

Ben the ringer was in the car park ringing some birds.Annoyingly he had just released a Lesser Whitethroat but his assistant had a Goldcrest in her hand and I grabbed a shot before it was released.  




There were 3 Common Sandpipers and a LRP on the CP pool islands.Two of the Sandpipers very kindly flew across and landed near the hide.




Also on the CP pool islands was a second Summer Med Gull.




Since my last visit a couple of days ago there seemed to be an arrival of several Sedge Warblers as they seemed to be everywhere.Mind you this didn't mean I could get a decent shot of one.




Along the path back from the river hide I spotted a couple of Swifts zooming round the RW pool.Managed to get my first shots of the year.






When I called back to the CP hide before I left the Black Tailed Godwit was very close to the hide and I couldn't resist getting some more shots.What a cracking bird.









No comments: