Monday 2 May 2016

ANOTHER EARLY LOCAL PATCH VISIT.



On Sunday morning I headed over to Marsh lane getting there at 7.30 AM.It was sunny but annoyingly still pretty cold and we are into May now.

One of the Med Gulls was on the CP pool islands and the Black-tailed Godwit was still performing this time to the left of the hide.




Didn't stay long in the Oak hide as the cold wind was blowing straight into the hide.Along the path to the river hide I spotted a Sparrowhawk but as usual with raptors it was flying away. 




Along the causeway a pair of Linnets were showing well for a while.






A quick look in the CP hide again before racing off for a hot coffee I spotted this chap on some distant reeds.Decided quickly it was a Wagtail but it took a while to decide it was a Yellow Wagtail.My first of the year. 




The BTG was still showing but it had become a bit more flighty.This suited me as I was able to get some flight shots of this beauty.








After getting these flight shots I left and headed home.As it turned out I left a little too early as quite soon 3 Whooper Swans were spotted on the CP pool.

No comments: