Thursday 19 May 2016

A VISIT TO THE UPTON WARREN FLASHES.


Having had a poor day out on Tuesday visiting a couple of my Spotted Flycatcher places (both churchyards) and having no luck at all and doing no good Wednesday lunchtime with a visit to Marsh Lane hoping the rain had brought something in.I decided that today I would pay a visit to Upton Warren.

I did get some shots in the rain at Marsh Lane mainly of the numerous Reed and Sedge Warblers around this year there. 






Got to Upton Warren at 9.30 AM and after I parked up by the yachting lake I had some luck straightaway  when I spotted a Sparrowhawk high up in a tree at the back of the yacht club huts.






Soon ended up in the big hide at the end of the path and of course took a few shots of the numerous Avocets on view.






Right in front of the hide a Lapwing was sitting on 4 eggs and every so often she would wander off for a stroll.What a trusting bird.




There were quite a few Ringed and Little Ringed Plovers about.




The best birds of the morning were a Black Tailed Godwit that didn't play ball but slept all the time a long way off so no pics.However better still there were 2 Sanderlings on site but they would not come close and all I'd got after a couple of hours waiting was this flight shot.




Luckily just before I left they did come a little bit closer and I was able to grab some shots.











No comments: