Tuesday 3 May 2016

LOCAL PATCH AGAIN.


Went over to Marsh Lane again early this morning arriving just before 8.00 AM.It was sunny but still a chilly wind was blowing.

The Black-tailed Godwit has gone I'm told and I didn't see much except for the 4 Med Gulls till I got to the RW hide which for a change was very good with a good few birds on view.In particular the bramble covered railway embankment was very lively.

It was on the embankment I spotted a Lesser Whitethroat which are a devil to get a decent shot of.It was at the back of the brambles but I did manage my first shots of one this year.Shots not good but nice to get.






There were loads of Warblers about including Chiffchaffs ,Willow Warblers and Blackcaps including this female.A bit distant but nice to get a shot of a female.




By far the best find and shots were of a Reed Warbler that was briefly at the back of the hide.First spot of the year for me and some of the best shots ever for me.








There were a couple of Dunlin on the CP pool just before I left.A bit distant but nice to see.





No comments: