Monday 9 May 2016

STILL SEETHING 2 DAYS LATER.



I regularly make mistakes when birding and on Sunday morning I made another which I am still seething about 2 days later.I usually go to Marsh Lane my local patch Sunday mornings but as I'd been down there most days recently I thought I'd have a change and go and see if there were any Spotted Flycatchers in the churchyard at Berkswell. Big Big mistake because while I was there seeing nothing 30 Black Terns were on the RW pool at Marsh Lane.Damn ! ! !

I did get my first shots of some Swallows and some House Martins on my way home which helped a bit to ease the pain. 












Popped down to Marsh Lane this morning for a quick luck secretly hoping a stray Black Tern was still there but of course there wasn't. Did get a shot of a Green Woodpecker on the main path and a nice male Bullfinch on the RW embankment.








Common Terns numbers are now building up and at least one pair were trying to increase numbers even more this morning.




There was a nice Linnet along the causeway.





No comments: