Tuesday 10 May 2016

MARSH LANE IN THE RAIN.


Went to Marsh Lane this morning hoping the rain that was falling would bring in something special but alas at least when I was there nothing was found to get excited about.

A LBB Gull was being chased by some BH Gulls on the CP pool and they were making a hell of a din. 



On the RW pool a BH Gull amused me when it flew around with a huge stick.Nesting material ?




Reed and Sedge Warblers were showing well again.



.




There are 20 plus Common Terns on site now and they continue to try and increase the numbers.




A Dunlin 2 Ringed Plovers and a Common Sandpiper were on the RW pool but only the Common Sandpiper came into range.




By far the best bird of the morning was a drake Garganey.A rare bird this as I found it and that doesn't happen too often.It was well to the left of the oak hide most of the morning but I managed a few shots in the rain.








The heavy rain trapped me in the CP hide for a while and I amused myself trying to get shots of scores of Sand Martins whizzing round in the rain.





No comments: