Friday 15 July 2016

A JUVENILE CUCKOO.


Went to Marsh Lane yesterday getting there mid morning.

Impressed myself for once by spotting something interesting as I started to walk down the causeway.The bird  was a silhouette because of the bright sun behind but I could see a long tail.It was in a tree just where the path crosses the stream so it was along way off when I first spotted it.

Could get no further down the path than the hides because there was no cover but I could see it was a juvenile Cuckoo.I managed a few decent distant shots before a Crow scared it off.My first Cuckoo shots of the year.




+








My back garden for years was pretty decent for birds but last winter and so far this summer it has been very disappointing.This week it has improved a bit with a pair of Robins gathering food for their chicks have visited my patio and have not been bothered by me often coming very close. 






Yesterday a juvenile Jay was in my neighbour's tree screeching out all afternoon.Managed a shot or two when it landed on the clothes line cover.








Also visiting the garden yesterday were a pair of Common Buzzards a large flock of young Long-tailedTits and a pair of Coal Tits (no shots of these too gloomy).





No comments: