Thursday 26 January 2017

NOT MUCH LUCK WITH THE LOCAL BERRY TREES.


Since early December I've been keeping my eye on the local berry trees checking almost daily for Waxwings but I've had no luck.

There are Waxwings in good numbers in the country but seemed to have missed my area (Knowle and surrounding areas) so far keeping to the north of Birmingham.

All the yellow berried Rowan trees locally are now bare the Blackbirds and Thrushes have seen to that.There are some berries on a lone white berried Rowan tree but the only birds I've seen on that tree are a couple of Mistle Thrushes.




Down one local road the Hawthorn berry trees still have loads of berries but I don't think Waxwings care for these berries.This shot taken yesterday shows that there are still loads of berries on the trees there. 



Took a few shots of the Redwings feasting on the berries yesterday.No Waxwings of course and no Fieldfares showed up.











No comments: