Thursday 2 February 2017

A QUICK DASH TO MARSH LANE BETWEEN THE SHOWERS.


Despite the poor weather on Wednesday I took a chance and went over to Marsh lane for my first visit for a while.

Only shot I took in the CP hide was of a Common Snipe.The Black Swans (there are two of them now) were too far off for a shot.



It was pretty quiet on the RW pool till two large Gulls with very pale backs dropped in.Yellow Legged Gulls I hoped.It took a while for the legs to show but when they did they were Herring Gulls.






A Little Egret was present on one of the islands but it was a long way off.




Back in the CP hide the pair of Black Swans had moved closer to the hide.I'm told they are a pair.




I was amused when a Cormorant crashed landed on one of the islands and upset all his mates.




It started to rain again so I left but I had a bit of luck when by the main gate and I spotted a very nice Grey Wagtail in the gloom to the side of the cottage.





No comments: