Saturday 4 February 2017

AN EARLY VISIT TO THE LOCAL PATCH.


Because the forecast was poor for later on Friday I went over to Marsh Lane a little earlier than usual getting the just after 8.30 AM.It was sunny but pretty chilly and no one else was there.

There was a male Goosander on the CP pool but it did not play ball and just sat there.






There were masses of Gulls,Ducks and Geese on the RW pool but besides a Common Gull I could see nothing of note. For a change there were loads of Common Snipe in the marsh from the oak hide (I counted 16) but no Jack Snipe.






Best for me that morning was a Little Grebe that was so wrapped up in catching fish after fish in the left hand channel in front of the N causeway hide that it took no notice of me and came very close several times.












Back in the CP hide for the Goosander I found out that it raised itself a few minutes earlier and had shown well as it swam off.A Little Egret was showing on one of the islands. 






In the car park a Long Tailed Tit was checking out the fruit on offer at the feeders and a couple of Common Buzzards were cruising around.






No comments: