Tuesday 14 February 2017

SOME MORE WAXWINGS.


Whilst still parked up in Moseley yesterday I thought having got some decent shots of the Iceland Gull I might as well walk the short distance to the place where some Waxwings has been seen.

As it turned out it was not a short walk and by the time I got there I was pretty knackered.Even more annoying the berry trees that the Waxwings were visiting were in a small car park and it would have been a doddle to drive there and park right by the birds.

The good news was that were 3 trees in the car park all being white Rowan berry trees with plenty of berries left.The bad news was that when I was there there were 2 Mistle Thrushes that were defending their berries aggressively and the Waxwings stayed on the trees for a few seconds before flying off.No great shots but always great to see.










 At a quick and pretty cold visit to Marsh Lane this morning the best bird found was a Black Tailed Godwit.The only shot I managed was when it flew off.



No comments: