Thursday 10 August 2017

AN EARLY MORNING VISIT TO THE LOCAL PATCH.


As soon as I saw the sun was shining this morning I shot over to Marsh Lane getting there just before 8.00 AM.

A nice Linnet was showing well along the causeway again.






I heard the Grasshopper Warbler reeling out somewhere in the orchid field again but I could not find it. Whilst waiting for it to start reeling again a Sparrowhawk appeared from nowhere and shot across the orchid field. I managed to get onto it but the sun was right behind it and all I got was silhouettes. 



 The Grasshopper Warbler was not playing ball this time and only showed briefly a couple of times before flying off through the feeder hedge.








Thought I'd got a Greenshank from the Oak hide but when it came fully into view it was a Green Sandpiper.My first one for a fair while now.





No comments: