Saturday 12 August 2017

LOCAL PATCH VISIT AGAIN.



Went over to Marsh Lane again early on Friday morning getting there at 7.45 AM in order to beat the forecast rain.

There were about 6 Swifts zooming round the streamline trees and as the sun was out I thought I'd have yet another go at getting a decent shot of these guys.Great fun but they are simply too quick for me.I was soon out of breath, swearing a lot and getting hot.These are my least bad shots.In the last two shots the mouths seem swollen.Full of insects for their young ? 











The causeway bushes were full of birds.Here is a shot of a young Blackcap that liked the blackberries. 




The N Causeway hide has been quiet for me for a few weeks but that morning it was back to form.A Reed Warbler showed very well.










A Sedge Warbler was a bit more elusive but was nice to see one was still about.






When I first entered the hide a Water Rail was very close.Too close to get a shot with my lens.That one shot off to the right and a couple of minutes later another two shot across the newly opened up channels.I didn't have to wait too long for them to show again.My first shots for a long time. 










No comments: