Tuesday 26 September 2017

A GOOD MORNING AT MARSH LANE.


Having had a bad run with the camera at my local patch Marsh Lane lately it was great to do much better there this morning and this despite it being gloomy and quite misty.

Got my first Meadow Pipit shots for a few years when along the path to the RW hide Ben Dolan the ringer put me onto a flock of 30+ that settled down on the newly mown grass bank.


   








A bit earlier on I was surprised when John Hunt in the Oak hide put me on to the Little Stint that had stayed on overnight for it's second day.That was the good news the bad was that it stayed a long way off and when it did get a bit closer the reeds in front of the hide got in the way.There was a lot of swearing but great to see at the local patch.










It was good to see some of the returning ducks showing again.A pair of Wigeon cruised nearby.



No comments: