Saturday 18 November 2017

OFF TO THE LOCAL PATCH AGAIN.


Popped over to Marsh lane again yesterday morning.It was sunny but pretty cold so I had fingers crossed that my thermals would not be penetrated.

Had some luck in the N Causeway hide when I spotted the Cetti's Warbler again.This time it was in a bush to the left of the hide.A bit distant for my lens and the bush was a mass of twigs but it did stay there for a while.No keepers but here are my best shots.










The marsh next to the Oak hide was pretty quiet but there were a few Common Snipe showing.






The Tawny Owl was not showing for me down the streamline and a Goldcrest there would not hang around for me to get a shot off.A Song Thrush was in one of the trees down there.




I then got a runaround by a fine looking male Goosander.I first spotted it from the causeway hide heading to the river hide but when I dashed to that hide gasping for air it was heading away to the CP hide.After another dash to the CP hide this time and again gasping for air it was heading off to the top of the pool.Damn ! !

I did manage a few heavily cropped shots.








Just as I was about to leave the A380 flew past.It always seems to be flying very slowly and far too low. 




Early this morning got this shot of a Pondhopper through a closed bedroom window.It was on a neighbour's roof checking out the local ponds for breakfast.




No comments: