Saturday 25 November 2017

SOME SUCCESS AT LONG LAST.


Popped down to the local patch again Friday morning getting to Marsh Lane just before 9.00 AM.It was sunny but very cold.

The Cetti's Warbler was showing in the reeds in front of the N causeway hide but as usual it was flitting around out of site.It often sang out very close to the hide but I'm damned if you could spot it.Got some shots though. 








The Grey Wagtail came into the marsh for a wash and brush up.








There were a lot of winter Thrushes around the reserve but were always too far off to get a decent shot.This is all I got.




This morning just after 8.00 AM as I was washing up the breakfast dishes I received a text from my good friend John Hunt "A Hawfinch is showing in the Berkswell churchyard but distant" I had planned to stay in today but as I'd not seen a Hawfinch for years I thought Sod it I'll go.

Got there at 8.30 AM and joined John in the churchyard.There were two bits of bad news.John hadn't seen it for ages and my god was it cold there with snow flurries drifting down.

Luckily John spotted one in the Yew tree nearest the church after about 15 minutes later.It was bit gloomy in the tree but great too see one after all these years. 












Luckily the Hawfinch showed very briefly on the sunny side of the tree.





No comments: