Wednesday 31 January 2018

FUN AND GAMES WITH A CETTI'S WARBLER.


Yesterday morning the sun was shining so off I went to my local patch Marsh Lane.Got there at 9.30 AM and the sun was shining but my God was it cold my thermals were penetrated by the cold within a few minutes.

On the Oak trees by the crop field I soon spotted a couple of Bramblings and a lone Yellowhammer but as usual they were perched right at the top of the trees so no decent shots this time. 








On the RW pool there was an Egret showing but unfortunately not the Great White but a Little Egret.




I then headed to the N Causeway hide to try yet again for some decent shots of a Cetti's Warbler but I had no luck.I passed the time getting shots of a Gadwall and a Little Grebe






I was thinking about leaving the hide and heading home for a warm drink when a movement in the reeds caught my eye.It was a Cetti's Warbler and for once it was not skulking down in the reeds.Rattled off a quick shot.




Instead of going home I stayed for nearly an hour as my little friend hopped around in the reeds mostly out of site but sometimes showing well and sometimes very close.






This bird did not call or sing whilst I was watching it but a second bird well to the right of the hide was singing.Here are a few shots when my bird came close which strangely makes it harder to focus on.









No comments: