Thursday 8 February 2018

FROZEN TO THE BONE AT MARSH LANE.



Considering I am very much a fair weather birder I have no idea why yesterday morning I went to my local patch Marsh Lane when it was obvious to all it was very cold.

Got there at 9.30 AM to find no one else was stupid enough to come down.It was sunny but bitterly cold.I warmed up a little when I spotted a nice male Brambling on the CP feeder bushes.Pity about the twigs.






From then on it was a struggle to find any birds to point the camera at.They were sensible and keeping out of the cold.Found a lone Common Gull on the RW pool.




Quite quickly the call of a hot cup of coffee at home was becoming irresistible so off I set to the CP. On route I did spot a Wren and wondered how this little chap seemed oblivious to the cold and there was me well layered up and freezing cold.




Did spot a Egyptian Goose way off in the distance on the CP pool.



No comments: