Friday 12 January 2018

FUN AND GAMES WITH A GOLDCREST AT MY LOCAL PATCH.


The sun was out on Wednesday so I shot over to Marsh Lane getting there at 9.30 AM.

After trying again for a Brambling shot for half an hour and not even seeing one I ended up in the N causeway hide waiting patiently for the Cetti's Warbler to show.I was only getting distant glimpses but I was kept interested when a Song Thrush landed in a nearby bush.






Shortly after the Song Thrush flew off a Goldcrest landed in the gorse close to the hide.I love Goldcrests to bits but my god they are a devil to get a decent shot of as they never stay still.Another problem with them is that twigs are often in the way.






Luckily I did manage a few clearer shots before my little friend flew off.








I then had a very enjoyable 30 minutes along the causeway trying to get some more shots as it pinged about in the bushes.At one time it was so close I could have touched it but I didn't have much success it was far too quick for me.This is my best shot along the causeway. 



No comments: