Saturday 20 January 2018

NOT MUCH LUCK AT THE LOCAL PATCH.


Been down to the local patch Marsh Lane a few times since my last post but have had no luck in the cold and gloomy weather.

Last Saturday I had not intended going out as it was very cold but near lunchtime when I got the message that a Great White Egret had just dropped in on the RW pool I grabbed the camera and shot over there.Although I got there only 20 minutes after getting the message I was greeted in the car park by smiling friends "It's flown"  "You have missed it "  " I've got some great pics"  I hate that when it happens.

I stayed for an hour but it didn't come back but here is a shot of one that I did see at Marsh Lane a year or two ago.



The only shot I took that morning was of a very large Cormorant that was on the CP pool.






It was sunny yesterday morning so I went there again.It was very cold and there was ice on the pools.It was very quiet and I struggled to get some shots.Here is a shot of some of the 25 Common Snipe that were at the far end of the marsh.




A Kestrel was perched in the Oak trees near the car park but the light was not helpful.




Spent nearly an hour then trying for shots of a Brambling in the same Oak trees.There was one that fleetingly perched in the trees but it was always at the top of the tree and always in the twiggiest part Managed a few shots but no keepers I'm afraid.







No comments: