Saturday 21 April 2018

A VERY NICE MORNING AT THE LOCAL PATCH.


Went over to Marsh Lane again this morning getting there not long after 7.00 AM.As I walked to the CP hide I had a text that you wished happened more often.A text telling you that a decent bird was at the place you'd just arrived at.In this case an Avocet was on the RW pool.

I headed there straightaway and met Paul Johnson who had found it and he put me onto it.Here are a few shots of it.Pretty rare at Marsh Lane.














Also present were a couple of Common Sandpipers the first I'd seen for quite a while.










In the back gate coppice I found a Blackcap and got my first shots of the year.The light was not good but I think it's a female.






Right at the back of the railway embankment a Lesser Whitethroat kindly sang out so I could locate it and get some shots.No keepers but great to see.It was ringed.









No comments: