Wednesday 25 April 2018

AN EARLY VISIT TO THE LOCAL PATCH.


Got to Marsh Lane this morning just before 7.00 AM.It was bright but damn cold.I wished I'd still got my thermals on.

A trio of Oystercatchers were holding a noisy meeting in front of the CP hide.






The Cetti's Warbler was in full skulking mood in the apple tree along the causeway.




It was very nice to see some waders in the marsh next to Oak hide.There were 4 Common Sandpipers in there apparently.I only saw 2. 






I then spent a chilly hour in the RW hide trying for Whitethroat shots.I did very well with the Common Whitethroats.












But very poorly with the lone Lesser Whitethroat that was skulking at the back of the RW embankment.What a miserable so and so he is.This is all I got.






Did manage a so so shot of a Sand Martin which was zooming about over the CP as I was leaving.



No comments: