Wednesday 18 April 2018

THE LOCAL PATCH ON FORM.



 As nice weather was forecast I headed over to Marsh Lane early this morning getting there at 7.45 AM.I was greeted in the CP by 3 Common Terns zooming around.My first of the year.Later on I counted 11 on the CP pool.








The causeway was very lively with many birds enjoying the warmth.Got a decent shot of one of several Linnets there.




A Great Crested Grebe came close to the N Causeway hide




Right next to the N Causeway hide a pair of Chiffchaffs were posing for shots.






Saw 2 male Blackcaps and the Cetti's Warbler but twigs got in the way so no
 shots.Did have success down in RW hide when I spotted a Common Whitethroat which was the first of the year for the reserve.Too distant for a decent shot but nice to see.



No comments: