Saturday 23 June 2018

MAX versus A DOZEN SWIFTS.



Forget the World Cup the best match so far last week was not football but was at 7.30 AM yesterday morning in the car park at Marsh Lane when I took on a dozen Swifts as they zoomed around the car park pool. 

Conditions were ideal.It was sunny and there was a breeze blowing that if you are lucky slows the Swifts down to less that 100 mph when they turn into it.

They were around for about half an hour before they suddenly flew off.During that time I was able to rattle off loads of shots most of which were blank sky or blurred blob shots.

When I go after Swift shots there is always loads of swearing and back pain with all the twisting round you have to do.I nearly fell over a few times when they flew right over my head.

Among all the crappographs I did manage some pretty decent ones.
















This last shot is not one of the better ones but with a bit more luck (or perhaps more skill) it could have been a cracker just as the bird was taking a fly. 




No comments: