Monday 30 July 2018

A MORNING VISIT TO THE LOCAL PATCH.


Despite the gloomy conditions this morning I went to Marsh Lane getting there at just before 9.00 AM.The only other birders there were unsurprisingly Brian Harris and John Hunt and they told me nothing new had shown up.

On the CP pool there were a Green Sandpiper , a Common Sandpiper and a Common Snipe all distant.There were also 3 Little Egrets but they were well hidden in the undergrowth.Only shots possible were of the Common Sandpiper.






Spent a fair bit of time in the N Causeway hide.A juvenile Water Rail was far too quick for me and all the Reed Warblers on show would not stay still for long.








Called in at the dragonfly pond  as I left to try and see a Green Sandpiper seen there earlier.Despite being in full stealth mode I could not get close enough for a decent shot but nice to see.




No comments: